Google Voice is a Voice Over Internet Protocol commonly known as VOIP. It is a phone service that Google provides which will allow you to sign up for a virtual membership without any cost. You will be able to call or text from any part of the country without any cost or changing anything as long as your device has access to an uninterrupted internet connection. In this blog, we will discuss how to change Google Voice number on Android. If you sign up for Google Voice number service, Google will automatically synchronize with your contacts. It also provides the option of adding other contacts from your phone book. It works the same as any other call where your contact will be visible to the saved contacts otherwise your number will be displayed.
You can also look up all the details of a person registered or signed up on Google Voice. First, let’s have a look at how to find a Google Voice number.
Steps to find Google Voice number:
- Visit the official site of Google Voice and log in to your account.
- You will see a gear icon at the top of the page, click on the icon.
- Then, navigate to settings.
- Then, scan your Google Voice number. It will be displayed at the center of the page. It will be located under the account heading.
- Click on the icon on the right side of the box and copy the number.
You can also change the Google Voice number, in any case, you require to do so. Let’s have a look at the steps.
Steps to change Google Voice number:
- Go to Google Voice on your computer or the app on your smartphone.
- Then, sign in to your Google account using the number you registered.
- Then, click on the settings on the right side of the screen.
- Now, click on your account.
- Go to Google Voice number and find the number you want to delete.
- Then, click on delete and delete the number.
- You will receive a message that you do not have a Google Voice number. Click on get a number.
- Enter the city, code, and other details as required on the screen, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
After performing and completing all the steps, you will receive a new number.
As we discussed, phones and computers perform almost similar functions these days. With the help of Google Voice, you can make calls using your phone or computer. You can also block any contact if required. Here's how to block a number on Google Voice. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to block numbers on Google Voice:
- Access the number you want to block through your computer. You will be able to find the number in your phone book or call logs.
- You will see a three-dot menu displayed on the right side of the screen. Click on the menu.
- You will see the block option under the drop-down menu.
- Click on confirm.
The number will be blocked and you will stop receiving calls or texts from the number. You can also unblock the same number following the same process.
Related Post you should check: How To Search For Google Voice Number Lookup?